Foreign national intends to work in Export Processing Zone (EPZ) require prior work permit from Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA). BEPZA issued this work permit upon the application from the employer who has a factory in the EPZ.
Process of obtaining work permit from BEPZA
- First, the employer is required to obtain a visa recommendation letter for the expatriate from BEPZA. The following documents are required to submit:
- Appointment letter/contract for the employment;
- Paper cutting of the advertisement in local newspaper for the post; and
- Photocopy of the expatriate’s passport.
- Once the expatriate arrived in Bangladesh, the employer is required to apply for work permit in the zonal offices of respective EPZ using the prescribed form (available at the zonal office of all EZP) with supporting documents. Applicable fees should also be paid. Supporting documents are:
- The above mentioned three documents;
- Prescribed form;
- Passport size and stamp size photograph;
- Academic and experiment certificate (not mandatory); and
- Visa recommendation letter.
- The zonal office will verify the documents and send the same to Head Office of BEPZA for final approval.
- Head office will issue the work permit and send the same to the respective zonal office.
- Usually it takes 30-45 days to issue a work permit by BEPZA.